Wednesday 3 October 2012

CROCHET INSPIRATION from the HIGHLANDS of Scotland

highlands, scottish, crochet patterns, bags, totes, hats, mittens,

We had an awesome wonderful two (2) weeks of exploration and relaxation in remote Ardnamurchan land, a 50-square-mile (130 km2) peninsula in the West Highlands, and here we found the most westerly point of mainland Great Britain, Corrachadh Mòr.

highlands, scottish, crochet patterns, bags, totes, hats, mittens,

In the photo above I am wearing my Scottish highlands inspired crochet hat/neckwarmer, while exploring the ruins of Castle Tioram. I designed it especially with an opening at the crown where a drawstring brings the opening together and closes for a hat, or your could leave it open a bit for your bun or ponytail to poke out the top. I simply wear it as a hat or totally open wide the crown and wear it as a neckwarmer. Simple really.

highlands, scottish, crochet patterns, bags, totes, hats, mittens,

I can truly say I have been inspired by the colours of the highlands, it's rugged landscapes and in places the lush growth of mossy, fern-rich woodlands. 
highlands, scottish, crochet patterns, bags, totes, hats, mittens,
These magnificient colours of the highlands especially during the end of autumn were truly magical.
highlands, scottish, crochet patterns, bags, totes, hats, mittens,

Now we are back I am keen to get into some serious crocheting after a day or two of rest.

Unfortunately, I am totally committed to a crochet submission project for DMC, and until that is finalized there is definitely no time to spare for any pattern designing or writing for my website or blog.  

In the meantime, you can always view my free patterns here for those great crochet winter accessories which are always perfect for Christmas gift giving.

Also you could check my Scottish inspired patterns listed below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MAY LIKE THESE SCOTTISH INSPIRED PATTERNS:
crochet patterns, how to crochet, market tote, bags, shoulder bags,

crochet patterns, how to crochet, tote bags, market bags,


crochet patterns, how to crochet, hats, mittens, fingerless,