Wednesday 2 April 2014

SPRING HATS - MAN HATS - UNISEX HATS

how to crochet, crochet patterns, man hats, beanies, unisex,

SPRING MAN HATS

Imagine cold misty mornings in spring and walking along the seafront or through the woodland. This hat gives you just enough protection against the damp cool air, without being too wintry warm.

A perfect hat for the man or men in your life and I think it is also good enough for the woman or women in your life as well. My darling and I have one each and I just love it!  It's just the right amount of head cover when out walking in the early morning or late afternoon when the "wind chill factor" can still make you feel a bit chilly and I know what that can be like because we do a LOT of walking.

how to crochet, crochet patterns, man hats, beanies, unisex,

YARN TALK:

I just love the yarn I found for this hat, it's Rowan Creative Linen, 50% Cotton 50% Linen, with just the right thickness, without being too bulky.

I first made the hat in an older Debbie Bliss yarn I found in my stash (85% cotton and 15% cashmere) see the photo above I am wearing the trial hat. However, this yarn is no longer available, like many lovely yarns it is now discontinued, so I had to find a replacement, also it was a bit too soft and girly for my man!


The Rowan Creative Linen yarn has been absolutely perfect for this man hat.  It comes in 100g hanks and is 200m (219yds) in length and with 3 hanks I have been able to make two hats and have enough for a third. Absolutely fabulous.

Check out the Rowan colours for this yarn there is a lovely selection of 20 colours.

I'm in two minds about whether to make another hat or use the remainder of the yarn for a cowl?  I have more of the grey left and think it would be perfect as a lovely mobius (infinity) cowl, which I could also use on my walks.  Time will tell - would definitely need to get another hank.

So if you are a keen walker or rambler or wayfarer, then this is the perfect hat for you and your man. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.  Some pattern details are listed below.

how to crochet, crochet patterns, man hats, beanies, unisex,


PATTERN DETAILS:

DIFFICULTY:  Intermediate
SIZES:  Four (4) sizes - Adult S/M/L/XL
YARN USED:  Rowan Creative Linen  ● 50% Cotton 50% Linen ● 100g 200m (219yd) ● 3 colours
HOOK:  G-6 (4mm)

You need to know how to:  crochet in the round; colour change; front post double crochet (UK raised treble crochet).
how to crochet, crochet patterns, man hats, beanies, unisex,


WAYFARER Hat PATTERN 
AVAILABLE in 

UK British and USA American Crochet Terms



PLEASE SELECT THE CORRECT PATTERN TERMINOLOGY 
prior to purchase from these online stores:

CRAFTSY      RAVELRY      LOVECROCHET



enjoy
ciao, ciao!


© 2008 Barbara Summers Hand Knit and Crochet. All rights reserved. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:


how to crochet, crochet patterns, man hats, beanies for men,


crochet patterns, how to crochet, beanies, hats, spring, autumn,


crochet patterns, how to crochet, man hats, beanies, unisex,