Friday 4 February 2011

Perfect Hearts - Filling you with Love

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, hearts garland, hearts bunting, hearts motifs,


Day of the Restless!

I was feeling a bit fidgety yesterday, must have something to do with the New Moon!  I was not at all inspired to finish writing out the instructions for one of my baby hat designs, and I was totally indecisive about what kind of crochet hat to work on next.

Instead, I spent some time flicking through cook books, flicking through self-help books, found some great stuff again from Louise Hay.  Yes, she is my favourite, you know all that love stuff, love thyself, honour thyself, all is well in the world.  Which lead me to designing the thinking about designing a crochet HEART.

Ages ago, I used to have a great little heart pattern which I used to attach as a motif or as a brooch to my crochet hats. The simple heart pattern was the centre of a crochet granny square, however, this pattern is now buried somewhere in one of my storage boxes back in Australia.  AND for the life of me I can't remember how the pattern went.  

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, hearts garlands, hearts bunting, hearts motifs,

And try as I may, I have not found a heart pattern which is as good, or simple, or as pleasing.  

So, whilst watching "Farscape" last night (yes, it's a Sci-Fi TV series from the late 1990's - which I have not seen before). I came up with this cute little heart pattern, easy and quick, and a very pleasing heart shape (even if I say so myself) and it's not too complex. 

I hope you find it useful.  Do try it, AND let me know what you think.  

Crochet Heart Pattern:
Yarn:  Patons 100% Cotton DK OR any other similar yarn
Hook:  3.5mm
Terminology: US
Gauge:  not so important, but I recommend using a hook half to one size smaller than recommended on yarn label.


 Perfect Heart Motif for use as:
  • a heart motif, heart applique,
  • make it into a brooch by joining two hearts together and then attach a brooch backing;
  • join two hearts, make a chain loop and fill with lavender, to hang in your wardrobe;
  • make loads of hearts and join with a chain to make a crochet heart garland, or heart bunting.
I am sure you will find other ways to use this crochet heart pattern.  


crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, hearts garlands, hearts bunting, hearts motifs,



PERFECT HEARTS CROCHET PATTERN 
is available from my online stores 

LOVECROCHET       RAVELRY        CRAFTSY 

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, hearts garland, hearts bunting, hearts motifs,


CIAO, CIAO !
--------------------------------------------
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, hexagon hearts, hearts afghans, 
free crochet patterns, how to crochet hearts, hearts garland, hearts bunting, hanging hearts,

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, hearts granny squares, afghans,







4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Awww, this is a beautiful ♥

This is the best pattern that I have seen so far for a crochet heart.

I came over via Ravelry and I just love the colors you used and the ideas you have for using the hearts.

Thank you very much for sharing!

Barbara Summers said...

Thank you MaryAnn may you enjoy using the heart pattern and share it with others. Please post photos of your hearts when done.
Cheers

Tarja / Tarjas Snowland said...

Thanks for sharing a great pattern! You can find my hearts here:
http://tarja-snowland.blogspot.fi/2013/01/virkattuja-sydamia.html

Anonymous said...

♥♥
hugs jenneke